Sign in to follow this  
Skrylaxx

Vaping?

Anyone on here vape? 

I have a friend who started this a few months back and quick smoking entirely thanks to it. I have some family who say they want to quit but more and more years go by. I feel like vaping can be good for people looking to quit smoking but it seems a bit odd to start vaping just to vape. I mean it almost seems like you are doing it to be cool and hip if you are not a smoker or an ex-smoker. Maybe I am just being a hipster myself. lol

I know more people who vape than smoke and most of them never smoked which makes me scratch my head. I smoke. I enjoy it. What I don't enjoy is people telling me how much safer and better vaping is in terms of health. If I did this to people who drank I would be laughed at... Ya know WATER IS HEALTHIER THAN ALCOHOL! 

It all seems dumb to me. Could be because I never smoked. I don't really know. I guess if it helps people quit smoking I am for that. But it shouldn't be forced on people. That is just like trying to force veganism on meat eaters. 

I do here and there but nothing like a lot of my friends do. They do it like it is going out of style lol 

I will stick to my energy drinks...

d08e0b3267ae2f614941e88cc09dac43_any-mor

6 hours ago, Rumen said:

Does anybody at any point had a go at implanting cannabis on their sustenance? I have perused many articles proposing that cannabis has an extremely powerful impact when it accompanies agony and inflamation like this strain ___________. The explanation behind this is I dont smoke so blending it with nourishment appears a smart thought. Any individual experience or tribute is very valued. TIA

Not really on topic bro.

As for the OP, I didn't know this was a thread going. I vape on and off. I originally started to cut back on smoking but ended up quitting for a while all together. I smoke now but only a pack if that a week. Mostly just smoke with my coffee in the AM and after dinner. 

• Like 1

Particulate matter entering the lungs (smoking, vaping) all causes cancer.

18 hours ago, Benjo said:

Particulate matter entering the lungs (smoking, vaping) all causes cancer.

Smoking nor vaping directly causes cancer, it just increases the odds of it happening. It is the breakdown and repetitiveness of the tissue creating new cells at a higher level that cause cancer. Smoking and vaping increase the turn over rate, thus increasing the risk. Bonfires, hairspray, working around bleach or other chemicals all do the same thing, some even more so than smoking. If you keep your immune system healthy and take care of yourself outside of this, your chances are slim. If you are a completely unhealthy idiot and abuse your body though, good luck. 

8 minutes ago, D3x said:

Smoking nor vaping directly causes cancer, it just increases the odds of it happening. It is the breakdown and repetitiveness of the tissue creating new cells at a higher level that cause cancer. Smoking and vaping increase the turn over rate, thus increasing the risk. Bonfires, hairspray, working around bleach or other chemicals all do the same thing, some even more so than smoking. If you keep your immune system healthy and take care of yourself outside of this, your chances are slim. If you are a completely unhealthy idiot and abuse your body though, good luck. 

I hope you are not advocating that either is a good idea. I do agree that it doesn't cause it directly, but why take the risk? They don't really serve any purpose. Like drinking gets you drunk, weed gets you high, what does smoking or vaping to for anyone really other than making their lungs turn to shite? 

I smoked for a while and then vaped to help me quit. Now I have 0% nicotine liquids and I feel so much better. I hardly use it now but when I get a craving, it comes in handy.

I used to know people who started vaping but never smoked. I vaped once to try it, but it was pointless really because it didn't have nicotine in it. The was just breathing in blackberry flavoured vapour. I have my own vapour... from my inhalers. 😅