Jump to content
redscrew

Will we see schools?

Recommended Posts

inside-school-house-1880s.jpg

The late 1800's had school systems growing all over the country and it became a thing of the norm through the Elementary Education Act 1880.

 Above is an image of what a 1880's classroom looked like. I am just wondering if maybe we will actually see any school settings and kids in the game. Like I think it would be cool to actually see a group of kids go into a building early morning and leave in the afternoon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, it would be one of those things that is not needed. Like sure it would be cool for like a second but then they would have to deal with people raging over kids getting killed in RDR2. You know someone will go on a kid killing spree. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. This is oddly specific

2. There will be no children in the game

3. This is oddly specific

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Glopez said:

Honestly, it would be one of those things that is not needed. Like sure it would be cool for like a second but then they would have to deal with people raging over kids getting killed in RDR2. You know someone will go on a kid killing spree. 

Yep, this. Cool idea, but nah, it just wouldn't work in this kind of game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A game with this level of violence? That is like the folks who make Call of Duty games introducing child bombers. Let's be real. This is not a good idea no matter what way you spin it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this the other day and showed it to my friend. The first thing he jumped to was shooting up schools. Not saying he is a sick guy but I don't think the media helps things by making sure EVERYONE knows kids were killed in a school shooting. 

But no, no we will not see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there will be many just because of the violence level of the game. They may have some kids part of missions but that is about it. If they had schools with kids, then people would go around killing them. You know they would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no thought needed. Absolutely, categorically, 100% no.

Edited by Benjo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 8:04 AM, RDR2_PHANTOM said:

Without kids its more unrealistic 

Bro, it is a video game not a movie. It isn't meant to be realistic to that degree. Tune into the news in America and you will see why this is a bad idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL

Video games are already being targeted for influences violence on kids. This is not something that needs to be in the game nor will be. Sure, we will probably see a school or two but there will NOT be children in it unless it is for a cut scene. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine mentioned this about GTA and he said they should have kids and teens in it. I just laughed at him. He goes "I wasn't telling a joke". I guess some people don't think fully grasp what that would lead to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely have not noticed the lack of children in video games. 😅It never crosses my mind, but if they were added, it would be a bad idea for any 18+ video game that involves killing (often innocent) NPCs. As others have said, they would be deeply criticised and shut down by the media. People already have a problem with video games and their violence so throwing children into the mix isn't a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2018 at 6:20 AM, BelleStarr said:

I genuinely have not noticed the lack of children in video games. 😅It never crosses my mind, but if they were added, it would be a bad idea for any 18+ video game that involves killing (often innocent) NPCs. As others have said, they would be deeply criticised and shut down by the media. People already have a problem with video games and their violence so throwing children into the mix isn't a good idea.

I have seen them in cutscenes but not in open play. Just too risky for game publishers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless a game was run on PC and not sold on a gaming platformer like Steam, you will never see kids in video games where the player can kill them. The devs alone would get a lot of backlash and the console maker/brand would be in some pretty hot water for accepting the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2018 at 4:52 PM, ChrisCr0ss said:

Unless a game was run on PC and not sold on a gaming platformer like Steam, you will never see kids in video games where the player can kill them. The devs alone would get a lot of backlash and the console maker/brand would be in some pretty hot water for accepting the game. 

Exactly. I have seen some pretty intense PC games with very graphic things either in the games or hinted at in the games but this is something that is a major no-no for the mainstream. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone hear about that game that was due for release next month where you can play as a school shooter? Think it's Russian or something and it's been cancelled now but seriously, like what goes through peoples' minds. Like maybe, MAYBE someone might think let's make a game where you can shoot up a school and then the thought is gone in less than a second, but this game went all the way through dev and into alpha and it was still cool with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2018 at 1:16 AM, Benjo said:

I have seen them in cutscenes but not in open play. Just too risky for game publishers.

Looks like I'm wrong again.

703850467_ScreenShot2018-08-09at22_59_55.thumb.png.77bbd2b17a3aebed35faaf10c45d12ef.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×