lonestar

Forum Opening Giveaway: Win a Copy of Red Dead Redemption 2!

Become a member of the forums - MISSION COMPLETE 

Now I just have to work on my next two missions...

Post a minimum of once per week for the duration of the giveaway (see below, but this means pretty much up until RDR2 is released)
Have a minimum number of 20 posts

On 6/17/2017 at 5:47 PM, Gh0stRyder said:

Become a member of the forums - MISSION COMPLETE 

Now I just have to work on my next two missions...

Post a minimum of once per week for the duration of the giveaway (see below, but this means pretty much up until RDR2 is released)
Have a minimum number of 20 posts

You are already slacking.. It has almost been a week and you have not posted again. 

Which leads me to a question, how do you track this? Like say if someone joined and does not post weekly until the 3 or 4 weeks before the game release, do they still count?

• Like 1

^ Good point. I would like to know that as well. 

Like if I have been on here for months and months, will I not be included if I spent most months not coming on weekly? 

@lonestar What are the rules on what was mentioned? 

Do you have to be consistent from day one of joining for for so many weeks prior to the release?

I know there is a link tot he rules but I wasn't clear on if that was mentioned there or not.

2 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

@lonestar What are the rules on what was mentioned? 

Do you have to be consistent from day one of joining for for so many weeks prior to the release?

I know there is a link tot he rules but I wasn't clear on if that was mentioned there or not.

It's post once a week minimum from when you join and have a minimum of 20 posts

Hey everyone! I am joining for the contest and hopefully to kill off some time. Sucks about the delay. Count me in this! I will do my best to stay active! :) 

Count me in this thing.

I will do my best to stay active but I can't make promises. I get lost on the internet and go missing for days sometimes. It is a horrible lifestyle. I do not recommend it. 

On 6/21/2017 at 9:55 PM, VICKSUN said:

You are already slacking.. It has almost been a week and you have not posted again. 

Which leads me to a question, how do you track this? Like say if someone joined and does not post weekly until the 3 or 4 weeks before the game release, do they still count?

Yeah yeah... I have to stay on top of things. I keep losing track. I spend way to much time on various sites and forget half of them. lol Glad I remembered to come back to this one.

• Like 1

Is there a chance you will be doing 2 of these? Like one for Xbox and one for PS or is it just one and done? I thought since the delay, it may be cool to run it for both. Get more people interested in it too. 

One is enough if you just let the winner pick which console. I don't think it matters either way. It is a free game. lol 

On 7/3/2017 at 8:23 PM, Anc1entC0re said:

One is enough if you just let the winner pick which console. I don't think it matters either way. It is a free game. lol 

My thoughts exactly. Free is free and I think it is more than generous to offer a free copy of the game. I don't see other gaming niche forums doing this for their games. Though I have not seen them all. 

I gotta work on being on more often lol I am going to fail this... 

I seen someone else running something like this for another game. I like the idea. A good way to give back to members and promote the game too. 

On 7/23/2017 at 7:38 PM, dIV4r said:

I gotta work on being on more often lol I am going to fail this... 

I seen someone else running something like this for another game. I like the idea. A good way to give back to members and promote the game too. 

I see people on Youtube doing this as well. It is an old marketing trick that works really well. Obviously, just getting new members on here for the contest and hoping they stick around is the idea but on Youtube, you do it for views, likes, and ultimately money. 

Youtube is a popularity filth pool anymore. People do anything to get like and views. It is all about money and being popular, not about the actual community. It is so toxic on there anymore. I would much rather join a forum like this then follow a bunch of people with morons for fans. 

I always thought something like this could be sponsored. I know you (site owner) will likely be buying the game to raffle off yourself but what are the odds of Rockstar actually sending you a free copy for this event? I mean clearly, we are all RDR fans and it would be good PR for them. 

Count me in please i would be stupid not to. You have to be in it to win it

Edited by Lex

I entered a few giveaway over the last few weeks I found through PC Gamer and out of curiosity, have you considered using Gleam @lonestar? I guess it is a bit late for that but it makes doing things like this a lot smoother and easier. 

1 hour ago, SNAK3S said:

I entered a few giveaway over the last few weeks I found through PC Gamer and out of curiosity, have you considered using Gleam @lonestar? I guess it is a bit late for that but it makes doing things like this a lot smoother and easier. 

Thanks, you are right, probably a bit late, but will consider it for the next time!