Sign in to follow this  
ChrisCr0ss

Anyone ever buy animals online?

My girlfriend has been bugging me about getting some newts since her birthday. I am considering getting her a pair for Christmas. I never got any kind of living animal online. I know you have to pay like $20 for overnight/1 day delivery. I found a guy who sells them for $10 each so it would be $40 total. The pet shops around here don't sell anything like this.

Anyone ever buy any kind of live animal online? Is it a bad idea? 

I've honestly never heard of that.  I'm sure exotic fish are shipped, but even those are probably only locally shipped.

I also wouldn't feel comfortable knowing USPS or UPS is handling a live animal in a box.

What place are you getting them from exactly? My friend has gotten snakes online. I think that is different though. Newts seem like they would be too fragile. I think they are even illegal to own or ship in some states. 

The only living thing I ever got online was aquarium plants. I am not sure how well people would handle shipping live animals. Seems like they may get abused. 

I got a snake once when I was younger. My brother actually got it for me for my 16th. I wanted an albino ball python and the pet shops around here didn't have any. I think it depends on what you are getting, how it is being shipped and what time of year it is. I wouldn't get any live animals right now if you live where it snows. 

Actually, I bought this muttluks for my dog because it will protect my pet's paw from harsh environments. Ideal for extreme weather conditions, especially in the winter. Protect, warm, and keep your pet's paws clean and dry. ;)

On 12/17/2017 at 10:19 PM, deewelch said:

Actually, I bought this muttluks for my dog because it will protect my pet's paw from harsh environments. Ideal for extreme weather conditions, especially in the winter. Protect, warm, and keep your pet's paws clean and dry. ;)

I don't think this is what the OP was asking about... 

But yeah, OP I have. A bit late here. I bought a scorpion for my brother as a gift. He came intact and healthy. Just have to be careful who you deal with.