YodaMan 3D

GTA5 vs RDR2

On 3/3/2018 at 4:41 PM, Suck3rPunch3d said:

I don't think this is the case for all devs. Sure, they should expect it because a lot of people like to play jokes and crack on the memes but to actually encourage it? I don't see this being the case across all platforms, games, and devs.

Who said it was?  The context of my quote was in the discussion of GTAV specifically.  

There will always be trolls, especially on popular games like GTA V that attracts people of all ages. I don't think there is any debate in that. lol

On 3/9/2018 at 6:00 PM, LinXX said:

There will always be trolls, especially on popular games like GTA V that attracts people of all ages. I don't think there is any debate in that. lol

No doubt.  I think the debate has to do with the fact that GTAV encourages/rewards troll-like behavior while others may discourage or even penalize players for it.  ......but yeah, trolls will always find ways.   

I will say that the notion GTAV may owe part of its popularity to this demographic is not lost on me.  I just hope they depart from that model in RDR2.

There are few games where I encountered high levels of trolling to the extent it pissed me off. 

Most CoD games, Halo 3, and GTA V. I think this is because a lot of kids were drawn to them. So you have 11 to 15-year-olds playing this games being trolls or not, which attracts people in their 20's who are trolls to troll them. It is like a cycle of crap. I don't think they will allow it so much on RDR2 because it will be modeled after the last one which has a much more serious tone in comparison to GTA games.

CoD games are breeding grounds for 11 to 15 year olds for sure. It is funny too because they shouldn't even be playing those games... The age restriction is 17+

23 hours ago, GatoNegro said:

CoD games are breeding grounds for 11 to 15 year olds for sure. It is funny too because they shouldn't even be playing those games... The age restriction is 17+

Some of things I have heard from their mouths is also rather shocking but I can only blame the parents at that point.  .....likely a "hands off" approach to parenting.  ......bloody irresponsible is what I say.

Yeah parents are horrible for letting their kids play games they shouldn't. Do all kids in that age range need protection from violence in video games? I don't think so because some know the difference between reality and fiction but that is up to the parents to monitor and decide. Some kid with anger issues should never be allowed to play CoD, RDR, or any game with guns really. 

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:37 AM, watery buffalo said:

Put yourself in their position. Trolls pay for the game just like everyone else. Sure, they can be annoying but they are paying just like everyone else. Why would they punish a paid customer? 

I just think companies that target larger audiences need to develop different modes for all players.  Only players that benefit is the trolls.  Otherwise it cost companies customers.

Edited by YodaMan 3D

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, GatoNegro said:

I have seen trolls of all ages.  It's not just 11 to 15 year olds.

Yeah trolls come in all packages, heck I have even been on servers with female trolls... A rare yet very annoying treat. 

As par the OP, I think RDR2 won't do as good long term because it isn't as popular or as "mainstream" for gamers. I am sure it will sell a lot and do well overall but I can't see it being on GTA V's level.