CMcC

IGN and The Telegraph’s First Look

Okay I saw the bit about how your horse will become more loyal and you'll grow attached to it but has there been any news on if we can have multiple horses that we can gain this loyalty with so that we can swap them out to make sure we've always got a backup in case Yellow Snow dies out in the wild from a shootout?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jamesie said:

Okay I saw the bit about how your horse will become more loyal and you'll grow attached to it but has there been any news on if we can have multiple horses that we can gain this loyalty with so that we can swap them out to make sure we've always got a backup in case Yellow Snow dies out in the wild from a shootout?

I can't answer that buddy but what I can say is that the horses testicles exist and swing with the laws of physics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Benjo said:

I can't answer that buddy but what I can say is that the horses testicles exist and swing with the laws of physics.

Way more loyal that I was hoping for! I'm more of an opposite of the testicles sort of cowboy 😘

22 minutes ago, CMcC said:

Can we craft them into glue for extra cash?

Only if it includes a "jiffy" bag...you know to take the edge off.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jamesie said:

Only if it includes a "jiffy" bag...you know to take the edge off.

59F11035-2F71-40D3-80CB-9EFD7B0FDBAF.jpeg

• Haha 1

I just now got done with the video. I knew about it but been so busy, I kept forgetting to actually sit down and watch it.

I am very impressed and surprised by how detailed all the little things in the game are. It seems like they put a lot more attention into this game than any other game they had previously made. I feel like they are trying to attract new fans doing this which is good. 

What is really impressive too and something to consider, this is only a small portion of the game. I can't imagine what it will be like playing it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YellowDragon said:

What is really impressive too and something to consider, this is only a small portion of the game. I can't imagine what it will be like playing it. 

Totally. Imagine all the surprises and tricks they have hidden up their sleeve that won’t be revealed until your playing it.  Very exciting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CMcC said:

Totally. Imagine all the surprises and tricks they have hidden up their sleeve that won’t be revealed until your playing it.  Very exciting.

I'm on the fence about whether I want to know more or not!

Finding these new special things is something I'd prefer to discover myself so these next few months are going to be brutal to endure.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 12:32 PM, Jamesie said:

I'm on the fence about whether I want to know more or not!

Finding these new special things is something I'd prefer to discover myself so these next few months are going to be brutal to endure.

It's a difficult thing. Wanting to know but not wanting to know. I personally don't mind learning about it, knowing that simply reading a feature is nowhere near playing the game.

I don't want to know any more than I already do about the story itself. And i don't think we'll learn anything more. But I'm always very excited to hear about the gameplay.

Edited by CMcC

1 hour ago, CMcC said:

I don't want to know any more than I already do about the story itself. And i don't think we'll learn anything more. But I'm always very excited to hear about the gameplay.

Yeah same, I love learning about gameplay. I have to be honest, I'm not particularly interested in the story at all. Just me?

10 hours ago, Benjo said:

Yeah same, I love learning about gameplay. I have to be honest, I'm not particularly interested in the story at all. Just me?

Whaaaaaat? Yeah, you’re nuts. Are you just an Online guy? 

1 hour ago, CMcC said:

Whaaaaaat? Yeah, you’re nuts. Are you just an Online guy? 

Well, yes and no. Not with RDR1, the online was just annoying and pointless. On RDR1 I used to just wander around doing things, making my own story, getting 100%, making money for the sake of it, hunting for no reason, that kind of thing. With R$ for me completing the story mode is just a way to get everything unlocked, and I hate to admit it but sometimes I just skip cutscenes straight away even if I haven't watched them before as I'm so uninterested in the story.

17 minutes ago, Benjo said:

Well, yes and no. Not with RDR1, the online was just annoying and pointless. On RDR1 I used to just wander around doing things, making my own story, getting 100%, making money for the sake of it, hunting for no reason, that kind of thing. With R$ for me completing the story mode is just a way to get everything unlocked, and I hate to admit it but sometimes I just skip cutscenes straight away even if I haven't watched them before as I'm so uninterested in the story.

I’m sorry Benjo. We can’t be friends. 

Kidding of course. I do the wandering thing myself. But I save that for Online. I’m usually hyper focused on the story and run right through it. Rockstar are tremendous story tellers. 

1 minute ago, CMcC said:

I’m sorry Benjo. We can’t be friends. 

Kidding of course. I do the wandering thing myself. But I save that for Online. I’m usually hyper focused on the story and run right through it. Rockstar are tremendous story tellers. 

Yeah I remember you talking about cutscenes on another post and saying how much you like them. I dunno, maybe I'll give this one a bit more of my attention and see if it pulls me in.

I'm definitely a solo player and loved the RDR1 campaign, GTAV storyline, etc.  I'm sure RDR2 won't be any different.  As far as online, I typically prefer co-op over PvP but it really depends on the game.  I didn't like the way GTAV condoned and encouraged troll-like behavior and I really hope RDR2 doesn't go that route.  .....perhaps encouraging folks to cooperate more but still have modes, etc. that allow the competitive PvP sp many apparently love.

.....on the subject of GTAV, I still played online but either in friends only sessions or solo sessions (using a common workaround) so I could still build my empire.  ;)

Edited by Kean_1
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 3:27 PM, Kean_1 said:

I'm wondering if the animal reaction will depend on where you shoot it.  In other words, can you get a "kill shot" that will take down the deer more humanely or faster (to avoid chasing after it).  This could have an effect on some players perhaps giving them an incentive (or a challenge) to place their shots more carefully. 

I'm very excited to see this level of interaction and detail in the game world and interested to see just how far they will take it.  .....and how much influence the player will have.  

Does Far Cry have something similar to this? i don't recall. I just finished FC5 but didn't do much hunting.  Seems to me that if you shoot and not kill an animal, it will leave a trail of blood and not die right away. it did say in this video that the meat/hide holds more value if killed with an arrow vs a shotgun- There's some incentive to get a clean kill. I already see myself wanting to achieve that. And not let the little thing suffer. A quick death. It's funny, my cousin is a bow hunter and says that's why he practices every day. That's his biggest concern is getting that clean kill, not just wounding the animal. I...play video games. 

1 hour ago, CMcC said:

Does Far Cry have something similar to this? i don't recall. I just finished FC5 but didn't do much hunting.  Seems to me that if you shoot and not kill an animal, it will leave a trail of blood and not die right away. it did say in this video that the meat/hide holds more value if killed with an arrow vs a shotgun- There's some incentive to get a clean kill. I already see myself wanting to achieve that. And not let the little thing suffer. A quick death. It's funny, my cousin is a bow hunter and says that's why he practices every day. That's his biggest concern is getting that clean kill, not just wounding the animal. I...play video games. 

Not that I noticed.  FC5 was a very shallow game IMO.  It felt gutted and downright frustrating at times compared to previous iterations in the franchise for a number of reasons I won't go into here.  

Yeah, still interested to see how it will work in relation to how much they put into the whole damage mechanic.  R* always seems to have so many little details whether it's the environment, interactions, etc.

3 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Not that I noticed.  FC5 was a very shallow game IMO.  It felt gutted and downright frustrating at times compared to previous iterations in the franchise for a number of reasons I won't go into here.  

Yeah, still interested to see how it will work in relation to how much they put into the whole damage mechanic.  R* always seems to have so many little details whether it's the environment, interactions, etc.

FC5 did have similar. You shoot an animal it will walk off limping and moaning until eventually dying. 

• Thanks 1