Benjo

OFFICIAL GAMEPLAY TRAILER DISCUSSION THREAD

14 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

you can see the mud reacting to Arthur as he rolls in it.

You sure that's mud?  💩😜

d8OBIt.gif

Edited by Cokeyskunk
  • Haha 1

So GTA 5 released its Gameplay trailer on the 9th of July and their Online trailer a month after. In between, we had a slew of more screenshots released. Maybe that’s what we can expect next? I’m predicting 2 gameplay trailers and then an RDRO trailer just before launch. 

• Like 1

I love that the ability to diffuse a situation or brawl instead of murder has been added. That’s truly a step towards realism. Not every confrontation has to end in a gun fight. 

• Like 1

I am salivating. THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE! I love how they call Arthur "pretty boy" LOL 

I just have no words. The camps sound incredible. You actually work within the group and help them and they help you. I am going to not have a life soon outside of RDR2.

• Like 2

The fact that we get to choose what kind of man Arthur makes me feel like I am going to enjoy this game even more than I thought. It is making me think there are 2 endings for him based on moral. If you are more good than bad, one thing will happen and if you are more bad than good, another thing will happen. 

• Like 1

I really can't explain how this whole little scene here where it shows the landscapes makes me feel in my pants

xdgxdgvd.gif.abdd993858193a94bff45007ebeb1272.gif

This is one of the most beautiful games made thus far. Hands down. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

In this GIF you can see the mud reacting to Arthur as he rolls in it.

7tLbu10.gif

I really like how everyone comes out and watches the fight

• Like 2

GOTG? Or too soon? No words to describe some of those vistas, truly stunning. They have achieved next gen graphics on current gen hardware.

13 minutes ago, lonestar said:

GOTY, details are absolutely incredible.

3 hours ago, TheBaconator said:

GOTG? Or too soon? No words to describe some of those vistas, truly stunning. They have achieved next gen graphics on current gen hardware.

Haha I like your enthusiasm. Let's get it in our hands though!

21 hours ago, Benjo said:

I really like how everyone comes out and watches the fight

That really would happen too which is perfect for the old west setting. You know how nosey people are. They had really nothing going on back then in terms of visual entertainment so this is like prime time for them. 

This only pumped me up even more.  I just watched it today because I didn't really have time when it released, as I was traveling on business.

I love increased social interaction, whether that's by scaring bystanders, hanging out with the gang, or even attempting to bond with your horse.

BTW, I think Morgan's voice is so much more badass, even though I loved Rob Weithoff as Marston.  Morgan has more of a deeper voice with a heavier Southern accent. 😎

I watched this a few times already and I keep noticing more and more. They really upped their game for this one. I am not mad at all it was delayed seeing all the work that has gone into this game. 

I do wonder how beat up and dirty Arthur's clothing will get throughout the story. Seeing the mud stick to him makes me assume the snow will be sticking to him as well. Maybe we will be able to get our attire filled with holes and all that and actually need to take it into a tailor or buy new stuff. 

Has anyone else noticed that Marston is wearing a few different outfits throughout the trailer? Does this mean NPCs will be changing their clothes too? If so, that's pretty cool. 

Something I heard from a couple of videos on rdr2 trailer is that the snow scene might be taking place during the great blizzard of 1899, if I remember the name correctly. If so that is obviously in keeping with the realism theme that rockstar has established, but what I am wondering is how far they will take this? Based on the dialogue from that scene, food is a real issue. So what if in this instance hunting became mandatory for the survival of you and the camp? And because of it being winter and the blizzard, wildlife was scarce and hunting became an all day activity of tracking one specific animal. There is so much potential for realism here it drives me crazy not being able to play it. I also am worried that they might, rightfully from a business perspective, tamper down some of these aspects to suit the masses. What do you think?

4 hours ago, TheBaconator said:

Something I heard from a couple of videos on rdr2 trailer is that the snow scene might be taking place during the great blizzard of 1899, if I remember the name correctly. If so that is obviously in keeping with the realism theme that rockstar has established, but what I am wondering is how far they will take this? Based on the dialogue from that scene, food is a real issue. So what if in this instance hunting became mandatory for the survival of you and the camp? And because of it being winter and the blizzard, wildlife was scarce and hunting became an all day activity of tracking one specific animal. There is so much potential for realism here it drives me crazy not being able to play it. I also am worried that they might, rightfully from a business perspective, tamper down some of these aspects to suit the masses. What do you think?

The snow scene could potentially be at the start of the game along with the "wake 'me up a little" scene for the other trailer and the hunting in that part could be for tutorial purposes... If that all adds up with the timeline 

On 8/10/2018 at 2:32 AM, lonestar said:

GOTY, details are absolutely incredible.

Oh i absolutely expect rdr2 to be GOTY.

It actually depends, either Spiderman or rdr2 for GOTY.

But my money's on rdr2.

9 hours ago, TheBaconator said:

I actually wouldn't mind a bit of a "Donner Party" element to that.  They touched upon that a little in the first game with a random cannibal living out in the desert during a few Stranger missions.