Jump to content
DaveSpeek

What online options would you like to see?

Recommended Posts

As par the wild-west feel.. I would like to see robberies, maybe some turf/gang territory wars, and hunting games. Like say you have a group of people hunting the same animal, who ever takes it down and skins it wins. Things like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean options or features? Assuming it's the later I don't really have anything specific in mind, just keen for Rockstar to blow my mind with how awesome the game hopefully is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the sound of hunting games if it is done right. Maybe some races that are more skilled and where wagers are placed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2017 at 7:03 PM, ZLion said:

I like the sound of hunting games if it is done right. Maybe some races that are more skilled and where wagers are placed. 

Betting can be fun. I think that is like the races in GTA V no? I don't really know as I never did those. I focused more on the non-sense of just running around with some friends doing stupid things haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An online casino maybe? Like the old school ones where you walk in to a bar and there are poker tables going. That would be great! You can play your friends online for RDR2 money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, HIGHHorse said:

An online casino maybe? Like the old school ones where you walk in to a bar and there are poker tables going. That would be great! You can play your friends online for RDR2 money.

That would be cool but it would also introduce issues if Rockstar choose to include the same Shark Card model from GTA. If you can win "real money" from friends then that would be an issue I think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they would allow you to win real money. Specially not over a video game but it would be interesting if you could wager gaming points... Then again they did away with the points so that would likely just be viewed as illegal... Darn! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2017 at 6:01 PM, Glopez said:

Betting can be fun. I think that is like the races in GTA V no? I don't really know as I never did those. I focused more on the non-sense of just running around with some friends doing stupid things haha

I didn't really do the racing in GTA but yea something like that would work great I think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like a casino option as well... I mean that would give us more of a reason to want to actually earn money too. If they don't do it in a way to bring on farmers and people who use advances to get a head. There wouldn't be any fixed games or anything like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2017 at 9:23 PM, Anc1entC0re said:

I like a casino option as well... I mean that would give us more of a reason to want to actually earn money too. If they don't do it in a way to bring on farmers and people who use advances to get a head. There wouldn't be any fixed games or anything like that. 

There will always be farmers in games. This has been the case since the dawn of online gaming. I don't think there will be a huge issue on this though. Rockstar handled it well in GTA V so I do not see major farmers coming to RDR2 online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nima021King It would be great to see a Lawmen VS Outlaw game mode in RDR2. I'd also love to see Wild West reimagining of GTA IV's Cops 'n Crooks game mode, it was a huge shame it didn't appear in GTA V as it was definitely stand out mode in GTA IV.

Edited by Archbell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering that continual content is a big part of GTA Online, I'd like to see comparable assets, such as ranches you could own and possibly have to cultivate in order to build your own "empire" of sorts.

I'd also like to see it have a different tone in terms of reality so that you could own fictional horses, such as the Four Horsemen horses from Undead Nightmare.  Chrome horses?  No lol, but I would be open to a unicorn.  :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2017 at 8:42 PM, X S said:

Considering that continual content is a big part of GTA Online, I'd like to see comparable assets, such as ranches you could own and possibly have to cultivate in order to build your own "empire" of sorts.

I'd also like to see it have a different tone in terms of reality so that you could own fictional horses, such as the Four Horsemen horses from Undead Nightmare.  Chrome horses?  No lol, but I would be open to a unicorn.  :P

I know I am bumping this but I was thinking about this a lot and while I would have said ohh helllll no to a lot of stuff like unicorns and fictional horror aspects, I think it is these kinds of options that will keep the game fun and alive. DLC that makes it more entertaining is what keeps people paying and playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to see more native american stuff for the online end. Give me some true cowboy and Indian mayhem. Like maybe if you go into certain tribe areas you end up having to fight a bunch of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking about this the other day. I would like to see more options in terms of being able to have control over a server. Like there were times I would join on GTA V online and the server I would be put in would have a large party and they would just screw me over the whole time. Maybe have party-less servers for single players online. Then have the options for friends to be on separate servers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id like to see a Passive Mode that still lets you shoot. How annoying it would be to be out hunting- after that Master Hunter achievement, be sneeking up on an animal and be shot in the back by a 12 year old. Also would love a Lawless Lobby. Ever been in a street war on GTA? Only a matter of time before the cops show up and gun you down, over and over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like Rockstar are going for more realism this time and I would like to see this carry over to Online in the following ways.

  • Death has more impact. If you die you shouldn't just reappear near by. When killed you should re-spawn at the last place you woke up i.e your gang camp, hideout or homestead. Deciding where to sleep or set up camp would then have a strategy element.
  • Medicine, food and drink is the ONLY way to regain health. Cooked food has more benefits. No health regain. 
  • You can only carry 2 or 3 weapons at any time, not a fully stocked arsenal in your back pocket.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 9:26 AM, WaaGriever said:

It seems like Rockstar are going for more realism this time and I would like to see this carry over to Online in the following ways.

  • Death has more impact. If you die you shouldn't just reappear near by. When killed you should re-spawn at the last place you woke up i.e your gang camp, hideout or homestead. Deciding where to sleep or set up camp would then have a strategy element.
  • Medicine, food and drink is the ONLY way to regain health. Cooked food has more benefits. No health regain. 
  • You can only carry 2 or 3 weapons at any time, not a fully stocked arsenal in your back pocket.

I wasn't aware of the weapons thing. That does make more sense. I actually never liked having all those weapon slots. I would prefer to have a place to store them and swap them out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, CMcC said:

Id like to see a Passive Mode that still lets you shoot. How annoying it would be to be out hunting- after that Master Hunter achievement, be sneeking up on an animal and be shot in the back by a 12 year old. Also would love a Lawless Lobby. Ever been in a street war on GTA? Only a matter of time before the cops show up and gun you down, over and over again.

I'd personally hate it if Rockstar implemented the Passive Mode from GTA Online as for me it was more like a game breaking glitch than a feature, I'd much prefer it if they just had Friendly Freeroam and Normal Freeroam like in Red Dead Redemption's Multiplayer.

I loved using my environment and surroundings to win battles in RDR'S Multiplayer, when playing Red Dead Online I don't want to pin someone behind a rock with gunfire or shoot someone to low health just for them to go in Passive Mode run towards to me to kill me or run away so they can try again in 5 minutes. I just don't think players should get second chances like that in multiplayer shootouts or have what is essentially God Mode in Red Dead Online as it can totally destroy the immersion and/or fun for anyone who's playing with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×